March 8, 2008

Cookies!

This morning I baked cookies for a book club meeting. As my brother says, I have the "cookie gift"... but it's only because I was taught by the best!

Here are some of the little secrets my grandmother taught me when I was a little girl:
  • Have every ingredient at room temperature before starting.
  • Sift the flour before you measure it. Don't omit this step!
  • Once you add flour to the dough, just stir, don't beat! You don't want to activate the gluten because that will make hard cookies.
  • Make small cookies. They taste better.

Today's cookie selection is the famous Nestle Tollhouse cookie. Except I used some butterscotch chips too.

Cookies are so much fun!

1 comment:

Kyle said...

I LOVE BUTTERSCOTCH cookies. I can't believe you were sick. You missed Claudia's wonderful Italian and I missed cookies!