March 29, 2009

Industrious me!

This was the yuckiness that was our spare room closet before the transformation...


Unfortunately this picture doesn't capture the several boxes strewn around the room (tucked under the desk, along the walls) that were still packed with stuff!

So last weekend I channeled my inner construction guy: I bought some lumber, cut it, painted it, made use of my measuring tape, level, and drill. Add some necessary organizing, purging, and even a trip to The Container Store, and now...


Everything fits, and it's all accessible! No more tumbling piles of stuff to get to the stuff I want to use - AND there is room for more stuff. I could even hang some clothing in there. I'm already thinking the DVDs might find a new home...

Best of all, the room is no longer cluttered with boxes. Success!

1 comment:

leanne said...

Nice improvement, Lauren! I know how hard you worked on this project.........well done!!! Love you
mom